Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- The UTEP Library has approval plans with Yankee Book Peddler and Latin American Book Store.
- The YBP profile is based on Library of Congress Classification numbers related to all fields of study offered at UTEP. The profile can be changed whenever our emphasis changes and each subject selector is encouraged to become familiar with the profile for his or her discipline. The Approval Plan is reviewed annually at the time of the YBP representative's visit.
- Some books from the Approval Plan are received weekly, but in most disciplines, only notifications are now received. Selectors are expected to review their notifications and share them with faculty.
- The Approval Plan drives the delivery of records for e-books through the DDA (Demand Driven Acquisitions) plan with YBP.
- Depending on expenditure of funds, the Approval Plan is sometimes halted towards the end of the fiscal year.