Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Strategies for Searching
- Start with conducting broad searches on your topic
- Take note on emerging keywords and subject heading (descriptors) on relevant articles.
- Utilize Boolean logic to produce more targeted and efficient searches. (AND to narrow, OR to broaden , NOT to eliminate)
- Limit your results by type of intervention, population, or methodology.
- Expand your search to other health and social science related electronic databases.
- See bibliographic information on articles found to find additional articles.
Social Sciences Databases
Off campus access to most of the Library’s subscription electronic databases and e-journals is available to current UTEP faculty, staff, and students only via the following methods:
- The Campus VPN (broadband users only)
- The Library’s Proxy Server (To see how to reset/create your PIN click here)
- My Desktop (To learn more about My Desktop click here)
Provides bibliographic citations, abstracts, and complete full-text for Elsevier publications. Some items link to full-text content provided by other publishers or vendors. Access to full-text is based on institutional subscriptions. Subject coverage includes biology, chemistry, business, mathematics, engineering, environmental science, materials science, computer science, medicine, psychology, the social sciences, and physics.
Comprehensive bibliographic index that provides citations, abstracts, and some full text for international literature in the field of psychology drawn from source materials such as journal articles, book chapters, books, dissertations, and technical reports. Subject coverage includes the psychological aspects of related disciplines such as medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, physiology, linguistics, anthropology, business, and law.
ProQuest Dissertations and Theses provides bibliographic indexing for nearly all doctoral dissertations and Master's theses accepted at North American academic institutions.
NOTE: Includes all of UTEP's Master's theses and doctoral dissertations in online format as found in Dissertations & Theses @ University of Texas - El Paso (ProQuest).
Ask a Librarian
Have a question? Click on the icon above and Ask Us!