Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Off - Campus Access
Off Campus Access
If you're not on-campus, but need to use the Library's electronic resources, you'll need to authenticate yourself as a UTEP student.
1. Connect to UTEP's Global Protect VPN (recommended!)
- VPN= Virtual Private Network
- gives your device a UTEP IP address; sites will 'think' you're at UTEP when you're connected
- log in once, stay connected while you work.
2. Connect to UTEP Library's Proxy Server
- follow the prompt to sign in using your UTEP username and password before accessing a database or e-book
- sessions expire quickly
- you will be prompted to authenticate (log in) every time you access a protected resource (i.e., databases).