Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Department of Language and Linguistics
Welcome to the UTEP Brazilian Research Guide. This guide will help you to discover the books, journals and other resources that you will need for your studies. Use the tabs above to find further information for your specific subject.
Learn Brazilian Portuguese
Getting Starting with Mango Langague
Online language learning program that teaches conversation skills at varying levels of intensity and provides cultural awareness information for a wide selection of the world’s most popular languages including Portuguese. Language lessons range from Basic for learners wanting simple, practical language skills to Complete 2.0 for learners wanting in-depth, comprehensive language and grammar skills. Updates vary. NOTE: Users can either login anonymously or create an account to keep track of their language learning progress.
1) Go to the UTEP Library Hompage to access a full A-Z list of library databases.
2) Choose Mango Languages from the list.
Note: If you are not on campus, you may be asked to log in to the proxy server. To do this, just use your UTEP username and password.
3) Click on "Create New Profile" to the left of the Mango Languages homepage or choose "Use Mango as a Guest."
4) Choose the language that you want to learn!
5) Download the app to access Mango Languages from anywhere! You can also access the program at any time through the library website.
Note: To use the Mango Languages app, you need to create a Mango Languages profile first (see step 3) and then log in to the app using that login information
Shot by Cerqueira