Off Campus Access
If you're not on-campus, but need to use the Library's electronic resources, you'll need to authenticate yourself as a UTEP student.
1. Connect to UTEP Library's Proxy Server
- follow the prompt to sign in using your UTEP username and password before accessing a database or e-book
- sessions expire quickly
- you will be prompted to authenticate (log in) every time you access a protected resource (i.e., databases)
2. Connect to UTEP's Campus VPN (recommended!)
- VPN= Virtual Private Network
- gives your device a UTEP IP address; sites will 'think' you're at UTEP when you're connected
- log in once, stay connected while you work
See tutorial UTEP VPN for Windows or UTEP VPN for Macs NOTE: Global VPN required for MAC OS as of 10/20/2016.