The vision of the Office of Research and Sponsored Projects (ORSP) is to accelerate the research and sponsored program enterprise while adhering to university policies and federal regulations.
The mission of the ORSP is to provide the following services:
- proposal development assistance and training;
- review and provide institiutional endorsement of all applications for external sponsored funding;
- review, negotiate, and accept awards on behalf of the University;
- compliance and post-award monitoring and oversight;
- maintenance of sponsored project data for the University;
- coordination of institutional review boards for research with human and animal subjects and for biosafety;
- management of the University's intellectual property; and
- promotion of entrepreneurial and commercialization activities.
Please note: The vision & mission statements are from ORSP website.