The Library has numerous resources for you to find background information and scientific research on any topic.
It is recommended that you develop a search strategy which includes:
1. Picking your policy topic (list provided by your professor).
2. Break your policy topic into main concepts and develop a series of synonyms or related terms.
3. Select the most appropriate resource to search (Databases or Web sources).
4. Use Database Search Tricks to construct better searches
5. Evaluate the information found.
6. Modify search strategy as you uncover new information.
Various videos explaining how to use library resources.
If the UTEP Library does not have the article or the book you want, requested through Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad ) Service. You must create an account in order to request, and there is a fee of 50 cents per request.