Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
UTEP Office of Research and Sponsored Projects
The vision of the Office of Research and Sponsored Projects (ORSP) is to accelerate the research and sponsored program enterprise while adhering to university policies and federal regulations.
The mission of the ORSP is to provide the following services:
- proposal development assistance and training;
- review and provide institiutional endorsement of all applications for external sponsored funding;
- review, negotiate, and accept awards on behalf of the University;
- compliance and post-award monitoring and oversight;
- maintenance of sponsored project data for the University;
- coordination of institutional review boards for research with human and animal subjects and for biosafety;
- management of the University's intellectual property; and
- promotion of entrepreneurial and commercialization activities.
Please note: The vision & mission statements are from ORSP website.
Research Areas in the department of Mechanical Engineering:
Aerospace and Defence:
- Advanced Propulsion
- Structure and Materials
- Advanced Fossil Power
- CO2 Capture and Storage
- Renewable and Alternative Energy
- Additive Manufacturing Technology
- 3D Structural Manufacturing
Center for Space Exploration Technology Research (cSETR)
The center for Space Exploration Technology Research (cSETR) was established at The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) to promote research and education in propulsion and energy engineering. The Center actively conducts a wide range of analytical, experimental and computational research in energy and propulsion engineering with a particular interest in green propulsion, in-situ resource utilizations, space structures, clean power generation, solar energy and carbon dioxide sequestrations.
WM Keck Center for 3D Innovation
The W.M. Keck Center for 3D Innovation is a unique multidisciplinary research facility focused on the use and development of Additive Manufacturing technologies with primary focus areas in functional manufacturing and biomedical engineering.
- Goddard Combustion and Propulsion Research Facility
- Challenger-Columbia Structures and Materials Research Facility
W. M. Keck
- Additive Manufacturing / 3D Printing
- Materials Characterization
- CNC Machining and Tooling
- Reverse Engineering and Methology
- Synthetic and Analytical Chemistry
- Materials Testing
- Cell Culture (Tissue Engineering)
- Electronics (PCB and Silicon)
- Lockheed Martin Corporation Mechanical Engineering Lab
- Engineering Design and Practice Facility
- NASA Aerospace Education Laboratory
- Intelligent Systems Laboratory