Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Use Limiters
- You can specified what type of documents you want to retrieve by selecting proper limiters such as document type and years and other limiters available in Academic Search Complete.
- Combine your ideas effectively using:
- AND, to combine terms for specific results
- OR, to allow for synonyms, and to broaden results
- NOT, to exclude terms from your search
- Search Phrases
- Place quotations around the set of words you want to be read as phrases such as "poverty reduction"
Academic Search Complete
Academic Search Complete is the most commonly searched database by UTEP undergraduates because it is a multidisciplinary database and links to more relevant and authoritative sources than Google.