Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What Is An Approval Plan?
- The vendor -- in our case, Yankee Book Peddler (YBP) -- works with us to set up a profile. We specify what subjects we collect at what level, what format we prefer, any price limits, and any other criteria.
- The vendor surveys all current publications and sends us notifications for books that match our profile. They do not send books unless they are requested by faculty or library selectors
- The approval plan ensures that the Library receives all the important books in all our collecting fields.
- The Library subject liaison should send a list of slips to the departmental liaison at regular intervals so that the faculty can be informed of new publications.
- Faculty members may request access to the YBP database if they wish to search for books to order. Please contact Nancy Hill, firstname.lastname@example.org
Standing Orders are automatic, continuing orders for series or sets of books that are not yet complete. The UTEP Library has standing orders for the scholarly editions of the complete works of major composers such as J. S. Bach, Felix Mendelssohn, and G. F. Handel.