Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
UTEP Office of Research and Sponsored Projects
The vision of the Office of Research and Sponsored Projects (ORSP) is to accelerate the research and sponsored program enterprise while adhering to university policies and federal regulations.
The mission of the ORSP is to provide the following services:
- proposal development assistance and training;
- review and provide institiutional endorsement of all applications for external sponsored funding;
- review, negotiate, and accept awards on behalf of the University;
- compliance and post-award monitoring and oversight;
- maintenance of sponsored project data for the University;
- coordination of institutional review boards for research with human and animal subjects and for biosafety;
- management of the University's intellectual property; and
- promotion of entrepreneurial and commercialization activities.
Please note: The vision & mission statements are from ORSP website.
Research Centers and Facilities
For more information about Research Centers and Facilities, please click here
Or Connect with:
Dr. Heidi Taboada-Jimenez, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies
P: (915) 747-5734