Skip to Main Content
Need to Cite in MLA or APA? Try RefWorks!
- Do I have to download anything to use RefWorks? No! RefWorks is a web-based tool, so you can use if from any device with an internet browser.
- Can groups create a RefWorks account? Yes. RefWorks does not limit the number of accounts you create. Every account can have two types of access full and read-only.
- How many references can I store in RefWorks? You may save an unlimited number of references within your RefWorks account. There is no limit on the amount of folders you can create either.
- Is there a limit to the data I can put in the notes, abstracts and attachments?The notes, abstracts and attachments fields are limited to 5GB of information.
- What happens when I graduate or if I leave UTEP? You keep your RefWorks account and everything in it for life! You can continue using it even when you are no longer affiliated with UTEP. Links to articles within the account will depend on your UTEP affiliation, but all references and attachments will remain accessible.
- Where can I ask more questions about RefWorks, or request a one-on-one tutorial? Ask a librarian at the Reference Desk: