Skip to main content
- Give the author or editor with last name first, followed by a period.
- Potter, Harry. (or) Potter, Harry, ed.
- If there are two authors, give both. Invert only the first one; separate them with comma and "and".
- Potter, Harry, and Ronald Weasley.
- If there are three to ten authors or editors, give them all.
- Separate them with commas.
- Invert only the first name.
- Use "and" (not &) before the last name.
- Potter, Harry, Ronald Weasley, and Hermione Granger.
- If there are 11 or more authors or editors, give the first seven and add et al. (no period after et, no italics)
- Potter, Harry, Ronald Weasley, Hermione Granger, Ginny Weasley, Neville Longbottom, Luna Lovegood, Padma Patel, et al.
- If there is no personal author or editor, but there is clearly a corporate author (an organization or company), give the corporate author.
- Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
- University of Texas at El Paso.
- If there is no author, put the title first in the citation.